How to use mobile location data to assess your delivery range
The recommended trade area based on UberMedia's mobile location data, using pre- and post- COVID-19 time frames.
COVID-19 has forever altered the way grocers, restaurants, QSRs and retailers conduct business. Operating models are now being reassessed and one component of that is delivery. Businesses have been forced to answer new questions, such as:
- Does the same delivery range you had pre-COVID-19 still apply today?
- How much can you expand now that less cars are on the road?
- What is my true trade area based on where my customers reside?
- Can you convert your retail location to become a regional distribution center?
There are many ways to answer these questions, and UberMedia’s Optimal
GeoSpace output can help you come to your conclusion.
UberMedia’s Optimal GeoSpace output is a trade area visualization based on mobile data from consumers’ actual visits. It has built-in flexibility to adapt to changes in the marketplace and industry. For example, a QSR and a grocery store in the same shopping center could render different mobile trade areas based on the inputs most valuable to them (common evening location, common daytime location and path-to-purchase).
Optimal GeoSpace for COVID-19 Analysis
Tips and considerations:
- Consider time frame carefully for pre- and post- analysis. What dates were significant your area regarding social distancing restrictions?
- Consider the relevance of CDL (common daytime location, aka presumed work locations) and paths-to-purchase post-COVID-19 social distancing requirements. They may still be very relevant for some locations but not for others.