Webinar Recap: This Week in Social Distancing – Public Gatherings
Thursday, April 16, 2020 11AM PT
This week, NYC & Company joined us as we looked at gatherings of people in the US, by choice and by circumstance, and examined their effect on the broader communities they are a part of. We also covered other research and news stories including how social distancing is affecting tourism and minority populations.
- Utilizing outbreak epicenters to model the community impact of public gatherings
- Identifying homeless populations to inform city-wide resource allocation
- Adapting tourism business analytics into local community resources
- Detecting areas where devices are within close contact to inform outreach
- Measuring distance traveled from home as a metric for social distancing
Also, we announced our new Close Contact Metric and demonstrated its use by narrowing in on the spread of COVID-19 in African American communities in Los Angeles.
Our research is powered by de-identified & aggregated location insights from hundreds of millions of devices that have opted into sharing their location data.
We also covered our COVID-19 Researcher’s Toolkit, and more COVID-19 mobile location resources that are on the way from UberMedia.
Webinar Recording – View Recording
Presentation PDF – Download PDF
Thank You & Stay Safe
We’re actively working on more analysis and resources to understand the effects of COVID-19 and social distancing, we’ll keep you up to date on developments as they happen.